- Leave bandage on for 12-24 hrs. Do not lift tape to peek as it lets bacteria inside. As well, the tape will usually stop sticking once peeled.
- Wash tattoo thoroughly with mild soap and water. Lather up hands and rinse, then re-lather and use this to gently wipe away the goo that has accumulated on your fresh tattoo. Don’t be alarmed, it will look messy at first! Using paper towels, wipe away firmly. Let tattoo dry and look at it under a good light source, if it is shiny, you need to re-wash. Proper cleaning is essential for a fast heal.
- After initial washing wait for 48 hours before applying a mild, unscented moisturizer. We always recommend Aveeno. Apply 2 times a day max.
- Do not get tattoo excessively wet. This means NO swimming, NO baths, and NO hot tubs or saunas until healed. Getting a tattoo excessively wet increases healing time by increasing the risk of thick scabbing. Showering is fine. Just be sure to pat it dry immediately afterwards.
- Do not pick or scratch the tattoo. It will get flakey and messy at some point; this is normal. It is also very normal that it gets itchy. Slapping the tattoo or applying moisturizer can relieve the itch. The flakeys you have to let fall off on their own. Any help from you can possibly lift out some of the pigment.
- Make it a point to keep your tattoo out of the sun for the rest of its life. You cannot put sunscreen on a fresh tattoo, wait about 3 weeks before doing so.
- Do not wear tight fitting clothing over a healing tattoo. Rubbing and chafing will irritate the tattoo, causing scabbing and slowing the healing process.